Inkhaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For writers

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meet the Cast

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Meet the Cast Empty Meet the Cast Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:57 pm

givingbackyesterday

givingbackyesterday

Oh lovely! A place to collect all those photos we've been posting to facebook. x) I'll also include some character information for those of you unfamiliar with my plot. Seeing as I'm currently writing the third book of my trilogy, I figure you all may want some background information. Questions about these characters? Ask away. :]

This is Saige, my protagonist. She's seventeen at the start of the trilogy. Raised in a small town named Whitemarsh, she lived a sheltered life. Her parents are a mystery to her; she was raised by a woman named Leyla. Her world turns upside down when an assassin tries to kill her. Shortly after, her town is attacked and destroyed. Realizing it's her they're after, Saige runs, hoping to draw the creatures that are after them away from the town. That's where her journey starts. At the end of the second book, Cael hints that her origins lie across the Illyrian Channel in the country of Te'Ahn. She's discovered that she has a high potential in regards to magic.
Meet the Cast Saige-1

Rath is a hero in the true sense of the word: selfless and noble, he'd do anything to protect those he cares about. His sense of nobility, however, has been the cause of trouble in the past. He, Alessia, and Saige grew up together, and have been close friends from a young age. In their little town of Whitemarsh, many people thought that Saige and Rath would end up together, as the two were quite close as small children. But times changed their friendship turned completely platonic. Instead, to the surprise of a lot of people, he and Alessia have been growing quite close over the past couple of years. Rath has the skills of a leader, but he hates making the hard decisions, something he'll have to learn to do sooner rather than later.
Meet the Cast Rath

Alessia is a spirited young woman. She's volatile and prone to violence. Since she was young, she's always felt that she needed to prove herself. She can hold a grudge for a very long time, but she's fiercely loyal to those whom she's deemed as friends. She's been through quite a journey herself. Book 1 found her alone and kidnapped by pirates. Book 2 found her leading a group of soldiers - something she'd never even considered before. Rath is her anchor - the one that keeps her grounded and sane. In return, she's often the one giving him a reason to fight.
Meet the Cast Alessia-1

Trace was encountered partway through Origin (book 1). When Saige and the others met him in the city of Zanth, he appeared to be an arrogant, skirt chasing adolescent who's new goal in life was to make Alessia as uncomfortable as possible. In his father's absence, he'd declared himself leader of Zanth. Years earlier, Trace had a younger brother named Keane. Keane was murdered by a man named Jeb, and Trace took out his revenge by killing Jeb in turn. At least, that's how the story goes. The truth is that Trace killed his brother in an attempt to save his own life and to spite his father, Cael. As a result, he put on a mask of recklessness to hide the guilt that's slowing been tearing at him from inside. The end of Lineage (book 2) saw him dead at the hands of Jax. Of course, he's not really dead.
Meet the Cast Trace

Alik began as the group's guide. A soldier from Vethesia, little else was known about this man's past at the start. All that the group knew was that he knew how to keep them alive, and that was enough. As time went on, it seemed that he knew more than he ought to. At the end of Origin, it was revealed that he'd once served as Cael's right hand man, but had turned his back on that life and run. He appears to betray them and returns to fight for Cael, but his intentions aren't what they seem. His only goal has been to protect Saige. Alik isn't sure just who or what Saige is, but he knows she's important. More so, he knows that Saige can stop Cael if he can help her find the strength to do so.
Meet the Cast Alik

Maddox had a troubled youth from the start. Leyla agreed to raise him, but at the time she had no way of knowing that she'd soon be charged with protecting Saige. Leyla did her best to shield Maddox from his father's attention, but the result was a young man who harbored resentment for her. Using magic, Leyla took his sight and made it impossible for him to speak with Saige, hoping that if Maddox didn't find out Saige's secret, Cael would never know of her presence. Because of Leyla's curse, Maddox found his ability as a Seer, as well as the ability to communicate telepathically. Though Leyla's curse has lifted, he's found himself in a worse situation. Despite Leyla's efforts, Cael found his son and has turned him into a puppet and a weapon against Saige. Like his father, Elendri has gotten into his head, exploiting his natural tendencies for violence. Unlike his father, he hasn't learned to guard himself against the demon's influence.
Meet the Cast Maddox

Cael was born the son and heir to an esteemed nobleman, but he wanted nothing to do with that life. He lived the life of a soldier, much to his father's disapproval. In time, he discovered the dark secret in his lineage, and was introduced to Elendri. She's been in his head since he was a child, guiding him to do her bidding. But he's not listening anymore. He has a plan of his own, and he aims to use the demon's power for himself to complete his twisted vision of becoming a god. He's not one to get his hands dirty unless he has to, and he's gone so far as to use his own son against Saige. He's taken over Rand's army, and has a heavy influence among the country's government, so much so that he's had Saige declared a traitor and a wanted criminal - one who is to be executed if caught.
Meet the Cast Cael

2Meet the Cast Empty More Pictures! Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:33 am

givingbackyesterday

givingbackyesterday

Well, here I am. Still can't sleep. Words are currently failing me, thwarting my attempts to write. Hey, that didn't sound half bad. Why couldn't I write like that twenty minutes ago? Ah well, maybe my muse will return to me before long.

In the meantime, now that you've met my main cast, allow me to introduce you to some of my more minor characters that still play a more pivotal role in the story. Some of these are from the earlier two books.

Meet Harper. He's a young pirate captain who has been traversing the coastline picking up odd jobs where he can. He was hired to "hide" Alessia for a bit, but found new employment and kidnapped Alessia to take her to Luthel. Despite being a pirate, he's not a bad guy. In fact, his intentions are generally good. All he wants is to look out for his crew and keep them afloat.
Meet the Cast Harper-1

Nadia is Harper's little sister. She's a bit eccentric and a whole lot headstrong. Whimsical and free spirited, she'd gotten herself into a mess of trouble before. Generally speaking, she gets herself out of trouble. She's got a history with Trace, and though he made it clear that she was nothing more to him than a one night stand, she still harbors some sort of feelings for him.
Meet the Cast Nadia

Meyk is a young boy that Saige encounters during the second book. He's a young troublemaker growing up on the streets of Luthel. He's also got a secret that no one knows. No one, that is, except for Cael.
Meet the Cast Meyk

Zara is a novice healer who grew up in Zanth. She's close to Trace, and serves as his moral guide when he'll listen to her. She's a caring soul, and hates to see people hurt. She's descended from a line of druids, from whom she learned some healing magic.
Meet the Cast Zara

Jax was the perfect weapon for Cael, until he got out of control. He's a psychopath and a cold-blooded murderer who nearly killed Alessia and successfully killed Trace. He served his role as the main antagonist during book two, until he was defeated near the end of the book. Defeated, not killed. I can assure you his purpose is not yet fulfilled.
Meet the Cast Jax

Elle was a friend of Zara's - a sister almost. She had a falling out with Trace some time before, and betrayed the group to Cael toward the end of the first book. At the start of Legacy, her whereabouts are unknown.
Meet the Cast Elle

Catarina was once Alik's rival, though he never regarded her as such. She was always jealous of him and the position he'd secured as Cael's right hand. When Alik left, she saw the opportunity to rise to power, but Jax took Alik's place. She's a zealot, serving the idea that Elendri is a goddess that was imprisoned. She was the primary antagonist for Origin, and died at the end of that book.
Meet the Cast Woman

Annalyn was an experiment of Cael's. He'd used her to test the limits of new magics, and the result was her broken mind. She became an empty shell, but not before Alik fell in love with her. The loss of her mind was a reason Alik left Cael's service and went into hiding. She dies at Alik's hand at the end of the second book.
Meet the Cast Annalyn

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum