Inkhaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For writers

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legacy Synopsis

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Legacy Synopsis Empty Legacy Synopsis Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:36 am

givingbackyesterday

givingbackyesterday

I switched novels part way through Camp NaNo, so this was not originally what I was going to write. It's been in the making for a bit now... A good year and a half I think? Something like that. Anyway, this is the third book in a trilogy I'm writing. Third book? Yes. Have I written the other two? No. I've discovered I work better by writing the ending first, so that's exactly what I'm doing.

For those of you completely unfamiliar with this trilogy, the books do have working titles. Book 1 is Origin, book 2 is Lineage, and book 3 is Legacy.

Here's a summary for Legacy:

Their army has been defeated.
Their hero is in exile.
Their world is ready to fall.

The Vethesian army is nearly gone, and talk of surrender fills the streets. Rath and Alessia have gone underground in Vethesia, charged with the protection of what little remains of the country's council. Saige has gone into hiding, smuggled aboard a pirate ship to be taken overseas where she can be safe until a plan is formed. She travels to Te'Ahn, hoping that her country of origin will answer the call for help.

But Te'Ahn has been secluded for far to long, and they are reluctant to enter a conflict that they believe does not concern them. With no options remaining, Saige turns her efforts to Solomyre - a country with whom Te'Ahn has been at a standstill with for centuries. The two countries have settled into a grudging truce, and it's been decades since the countries have had contact. It doesn't take Saige long to realize why.

Solomyre is at war with itself. Some of their mages have delved into dark magics - magics better left forgotten. They've awakened dark powers that have torn the country apart bit by bit. Saige has seen this sort of magic before; it's the same magic Cael has been using.

Saige returns to Te'Ahn, where a letter from an unknown individual has been delivered via messenger hawk. The letter warns her of unrest of the Northern Vethesian cities. There are those that want an alliance with Rand, and they're planning a hostile takeover if the council does not willing surrender. Realizing her friends may be in jeopardy, Saige makes a second, desperate plea with the people of Te'Ahn for aid. This time, they listen, and with their aid she returns to the mainland.

There, she discovers that the situation is worse than she thought. The city of Vynth has been taken by those who support Cael. Those who have sided with the council are being imprisoned and, in some cases, executed. Saige soon learns that Alessia and Rath are among those captured in the uprising. In order to save her friends, and save the world, Saige has to find the strength and the courage to fight an enemy that seems all but immortal.

In the final chapters of her journey, Saige learns that sometimes the hardest battles and the worst of enemies are the ones within.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum