Inkhaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For writers

You are not connected. Please login or register

Character Theme Songs?!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Character Theme Songs?! Empty Character Theme Songs?! Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:41 am

LadyInk

LadyInk
Admin

Yes, I have them. I know, I have way too much time on my hands. Anyway, all these songs come from the group Two Steps From Hell, which I HIGHLY recommend you look up. They're fabulous.

So here are the themes I have so far:

Sevastian's: Archangel. This song is perfect for Sevastian because it's powerful, fast-paced, and down right inspiring. More than even that it's gorgeously complicated. But, it also has this element of danger, this subtle sense of violence, as if it might spin out of control at any moment. *Sigh*. Love it.

Casmia's (Casmia and Sevastian are twins by the way, if you didn't know): After the Fall. I LOVE this song. It's spirited and powerful, like Archangel, but in a less in-your-face kind of way. It's also painfully beautiful, exquisitely tragic. Most importantly, though, it's hopeful. As if there is something more to come.

Anouk's: Fire Nation. I chose this song for her because in the beginning it's...lamenting. Beautiful, but heavy, and sad. Then, there's a spark, and it slowly begins to amplify. Soon it becomes positively peremptory. It never relinquishes that earlier darkness, though, and with it gains a sense of violence and danger. Oh, if you know anything about Anouk you know how perfect it is. And the drums in it sound exactly like Syrtian drums. So great.

Zaire: Undying Love. This song is perfect for him, because...I don't know. It's so happy. But just because it's happy doesn't make it insubstantial. It simmers. That's the only way I can describe it. It has this courage-swelling undertone that makes you want to want to fly. And all this is interspersed with these moments of thoughtful, flowing calm... Oh Two Steps From Hell, how do you know my characters so perfectly?

Saiyara: NORWEGIAN PIRAAAAAATE! It's soooooo amazaing! And I know it sounds like One Last Shot, but I love it anyway. It starts out just a little...confusing. Very dark, and kind of weird. But then there's a spark, and it starts to pick up, and you're like WHAT?! And WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?! Igh *Eye twitch*. I can't even explain it. Just go listen to it. The drums are SO powerful.

And that's all I have so far. I'll post more as I find them!

https://ink-haven.rpg-board.net

2Character Theme Songs?! Empty Someone Say Theme Songs? Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:27 pm

givingbackyesterday

givingbackyesterday

My novel has a soundtrack. It's about a million songs long. Just kidding, but there's a ton of music on it. I have songs for everything from individual characters to certain scenes. I'll just give you one per character for now, but there's more where these came from. Lots more. I use a lot of music with lyrics as inspiration, particularly for my characters, so that's what you get. x)

Saige:
Unbreakable by Fireflight
"Where are the people that accused me?
The ones who beat me down and bruised me?
They hide just out of sight,
Can't face me in the light,
They'll return but I'll be stronger...
God, I want to dream again.
Take me where I've never been.
I want to go there, this time I'm not scared."

Book 3 (What I'm writing at the moment) starts with Saige off on a bit of a soul searching journey. She's off to find herself and find out about her past. In the meantime, she'll also find the strength to come back and fight.

Alessia:
You're Going Down by Sick Puppies
"It's been a long time coming,
And the table's turned around.
'Cause one of us is going,
One of us is going down.
I'm not running,
It's a little different now.
'Cause one of us is going,
One of us is going down..."

Alessia is volatile and angry and vengeful, particularly through the course of this story. This song about sums that up.

Rath:
Superman by Five for Fighting
"Wish that I could cry, fall upon my knees,
Find a way to lie about a home I'll never see.
It may sound absurd, but don't be naive
Even Heroes have the right to bleed.
I may be disturbed, but won't you concede
Even Heroes have the right to dream..."

Up until this point, Rath has been the strong one. He's been the immovable rock on which the others have been able to lean on. He's the protector and the guardian, but he's human too.

Trace:
On My Own by Ashes Remain
"Bring me out,
Come and find me in the dark now.
Everyday by myself I’m breaking down.
I don’t wanna fight alone anymore.
Bring me out,
from the prison of my own pride,
My God, I need a hope I can’t deny.
In the end I’m realizing
I was never meant to fight on my own..."

Trace does an awful lot of growing during the course of the third book. Mister "I don't need anybody" is going to come to his senses and realize that he's tired of walking the lonely road.

Maddox:
Backfire by Egypt Central
"All the streetlights lead me to the river,
All my ghosts not far behind.
If I could leave this town forever
It seems like no ones on my side.
Duck your head and run for cover,
cross that bridge and just move on.
Save myself but lose another,
All my innocence is gone..."

Maddox has his fair share of skeletons in the closet, so to speak, and his part of the story largely deals with him coming to grips with the choices he's made and the path he's taken.

Alik:
Far From Home by Five Finger Death Punch
"All the places I've been and things I've seen,
A million stories that made up a million shattered dreams,
The faces of people I'll never see again,
And I can't seem to find my way home...
'cause it's almost like
Your heaven's trying everything to break me down..."

Alik's on his path for redemption. He's tried, honestly tried, to do the right thing, but it's never really worked out in his favor.

p.s. - I looooove Two Steps From Hell! There's quite a bit of their stuff in my playlist.

3Character Theme Songs?! Empty GAH! Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:12 pm

LadyInk

LadyInk
Admin

Oh my goodness, these songs are PERFECT! The line in Superman that says "Even heroes have the right to bleed" makes me want to cry... Crying or Very sad There's a line in Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger" that pretty much sums up my trilogy's theme, and I know it's cliche, but what the hey: "What doesn't kill you makes a fighter." Because none of my characters are heroes in the beginning, but their struggles act as kind of a crucible. Not for Anouk at first--she just gets pissed off. But she'll be awesome eventually. And then there's Sevastian... He doesn't ever become a hero, but he does become a fighter. He's just fighting for the wrong side. It's pretty sad.

Anyway! Now I have some new songs to download Very Happy Ee!

4Character Theme Songs?! Empty Re: Character Theme Songs?! Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:27 pm

givingbackyesterday

givingbackyesterday

I have more songs where those came from. x)

I love Stonger. It's a catchy song.

Also, I was listening to music on the way to work tonight, and the song Nothing and Everything by Red reminded me of Sevastian, what little I've learned of him.
"Still the same, pursuing pain.
Is it worth all that I've gained?
We both know how it will end,
But I'd do it again...
And it finds me,
The fight inside is coursing through my veins.
And it's raging,
The fight inside is hurting me again."

Something about it reminded me of Sev and his indecision with the whole taking over for his father thing.

5Character Theme Songs?! Empty Whoops Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:51 pm

LadyInk

LadyInk
Admin

Ya know, I thought I posted a response to this... Huh. Anyway! That song is PERFECT for Sev! I like the part that says "We both know how this will end." It sounds like something he will say to Casmia when she's trying to talk him out of his decision...

I want to hear more of your songs, by the by. And I want to have a writing party.

6Character Theme Songs?! Empty Re: Character Theme Songs?! Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:02 am

givingbackyesterday

givingbackyesterday

Writing party... I need one so bad! I'm out of town next Tuesday through Friday, sadly, but I'll be free all of Monday and Saturday, basically.

And since it's some ridiculous hour of the morning and I have nothing better to do with my life (except maybe write... but it's too odd a time), have the good majority of my "soundtrack".
Note: [!] denotes a language warning (meaning those sensitive to language may want to look up an edited version).
[*] means I'd recommend it if you don't want to listen to the entire list. These will be my personal favorites in regards to how they relate to the characters/story. The more stars (up to 3 of them) the more I like it/find it to be relevant.

Actions and Motives by 10 Years - Cael
*Angels by Within Temptation - Saige
**Anthem of the Angels by Breaking Benjamin - Alik (regarding Annalyn)
Audience of One by Rise Against - Alik
*Because of You by Kelly Clarkson - Saige (regarding Maddox)
Believe by Skillet - Maddox
**Best Is Yet to Come by Red - Trace
Best of You by Foo Fighters - Saige
*Breathe by Paramore - Saige
Broken by Lifehouse - Fits most of my characters
**Broken by Seether ft. Amy Lee - Rath & Alessia
Broken Bones by Rev Theory - Alessia
***Broken Pieces by Apocalyptica ft. Lacey Sturm - Saige (about Maddox)
***Dance With The Devil by Breaking Benjamin - wrote a good part of the ending while the song was on repeat
A Dangerous Mind by Within Temptation - Maddox
Dear Agony by Breaking Benjamin - Alik
**Dear Father by Sum 41 - Trace
The Devil Inside Me by Parabelle - Maddox
**A Different Kind of Pain by Cold - Maddox (regarding Saige)
*Don't Fight It by 10 Years - Wrote a scene between Maddox and Saige to this song
***Enemy by Flyleaf - Wrote out a conversation between Maddox and Trace heavily inspired by this song
**Enemy Inside by Egypt Central - Trace
Erase My Scars by Evans Blue - Trace
***Familiar Taste of Poison by Halestorm - Saige
Fighter by Christina Aguilera - Alessia
The Fire by Rev Theory - Saige & Maddox
From Yesterday by 30 Seconds to Mars - Cael
Gravity by A Perfect Circle - Trace
***Gravity by Sarah Barielles - Saige (concerning her relationship with Maddox)
Get Thru This by Art of Dying - Alessia
!*Had Enough by Breaking Benjamin - Inspired many scenes, most of which involve Cael, Maddox, Trace, and/or Alik
!Hate Me by Blue October - Maddox
!Headstrong by Trapt - Alessia
**Hero by Skillet - I've written scenes with Rath and scenes with Saige to this song
Hollow Man by Rev Theory - Alik
How to Save A Life by The Fray - Saige
I Don't Wanna Die by Hollywood Undead - Trace (part of the original inspiration for him.)
**Iridescent by Linkin Park - Saige (and everyone really... wrote part of the ending to this song.)
!**It's Been Awhile by Staind - Maddox
Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum - Saige & Trace
***Just a Little Girl by Trading Yesterday - Saige, or rather the viewpoint of some of the other character (Maddox and Alik in particular) regarding Saige
!Last Resort by Papa Roach - Maddox
***The Last Song I'm Wasting On You by Evanescence - Inspired a scene about Saige
Leave Out All the Rest - Inspired a scene toward the end of the book between Maddox and Saige
**Lie to Me by 12 Stones - Saige
*Life Starts Now by Three Days Grace - Trace
Love Song Requiem by Trading Yesterday - Maddox about Saige
***Love the Way You Lie Part 2 by Skylar Gray
***Lucy by Skillet - Wrote part of Alik's death scene to this
*May I by Trading Yesterday - Rath (about Alessia)
Miracle by Vertical Horizon - Trace
Miracles by Stone Sour - Maddox & Saige
Miserable at Best by Mayday Parade - Trace
**Monster You Made by Pop Evil - Maddox
!*Mudshovel by Staind - Saige
My Immortal by Evanescence - Saige
Near to You by A Fine Frenzy - Started the will-be relationship between Saige and Trace
*Never Too Late by Three Days Grace - Wrote a scene with Saige and Maddox to this song
Nevershine by Seven Circle Sunrise - Alik
***The Noose by A Perfect Circle - Wrote a scene with Alik and Cael to this song
*Not Strong Enough by Apocalyptic ft. Brent Smith - Maddox
**Numb by Linkin Park - Trace
The Older I Get by Skillet - Inspired scenes with Maddox and scenes with Trace
Over and Over by Three Days Grace - Maddox and Saige
!**Pet by A Perfect Circle - Inspired the interactions between Cael and Maddox
***Poison and Wine by The Civil Wars - Saige and Maddox
Possession by Evans Blue - Maddox (and how he feels toward Saige for a portion of the story)
**Q (Best One of Our Lives) by Evans Blue - Maddox (about Saige)
Quote by Evans Blue - Maddox & Saige
The Reason by Hoobastank - Trace
!Remember Everything by Five Finger Death Punch - Trace
Save Your Heart by Mayday Parade - Saige
Say Goodbye by Skillet - Inspired yet another scene with Maddox and Saige
**Scars by Papa Roach - Trace
**Shadows by Red - Alik
***Shattered by Trading Yesterday - Fits the story as a whole, including the majority of my characters
**The Silence Remains by Three Doors Down - Rath
*Snow White Queen by Evanescence - Inspired a scene between Maddox and Saige
***Snuff by Slipknot - Fits Saige and Maddox all too well
So Far Away by Avenged Sevenfold - Alik
***So Long, Goodbye by 10 Years - Maddox (wrote out his last conversation with Saige and his death based on this song)
The Story by 30 Seconds to Mars - Maddox
**Stupid by Sarah McLachlan - Saige (in her relationship with Maddox)
Unknown Soldier by Breaking Benjamin - Alik
***Walk Away by Five Finger Death Punch - Inspired a scene with Maddox and Saige
Watch You Crawl by Red - Alessia
Where Will You Go by Evanescence - Maddox
Whispers in the Dark by Skillet - Rath
***Wicked Game by Stone Sour - Saige & Maddox
**Without the Bitter, the Sweet Isn't As Sweet by Mayday Parade - Maddox
Would it Matter by Skillet - Alik
***Young by Hollywood Undead - Fits the overall story arc
Your Star by Evanescence - Saige
Yours to Hold by Skillet - Trace (about Saige)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum